Friday 2 December 2016


Prewriting



         On December 1st, 2016 my group taught prewriting for a narrative essay to students. We first showed the students a video about  what we wanted the video to be then we guided them into selecting a topic. Different persons had specific parts which was done fairly well. However we could have done much better we were so focused on time that we ignored introducing the students to story elements and focused solely on prewriting. At the end of the lesson I realised that we could have selected some thing that the students were a little more familiar with like a bus ride. My group members and I worked together as a team to complete the presentation.
         I was very much proud of the way I presented. I ensured that I modelled to the students what was expected. I tried my best to not look at the paper I had in my hand. I praised the students when I thought needed. I am especially proud of my self because I get scared when I have to present and always say what is directly on my paper.



                                                                                                                                 Marla Theodore

2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed your section of the mini lesson Marla..you did a great job..i loved your use of the train in particular..it is a good way to introduce the pre-writing process...the different types of information also included in the train was introduced in a creative way..i will definitely use this in the future..from Gisele Antoine aka gizzy shizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teaching practicum helped all the novice teachers improve and it was well noted! Good job Marla. Take the remarks from the class with an open mind and do your best! I enjoyed the lesson.

    -Nikita

    ReplyDelete