Wednesday 16 November 2016

Expository Writing

25/10/16
Reflection: 3



Image result for expository writing for kids

Expository Writing is a type of writing that is used to explain, describe, give information, or inform. The text is organized around the topic and developed according to a pattern or combination of patterns.


As a teacher in practice I feel it is very important to use tools or strategies to help students to better understand a concept. When I was at school I struggle to write good essay. This made me hate school, so I never looked forward to attend school. Right now I am not at a Primary school any more but at a Tertiary level. However, the lecturer introduced  Expository Writing  much better than the teacher who taught me years ago. I love the way she linked many words to the writing. There were step by step process on how to write an Expository piece, for example the introduction, body paragraphs, and closing paragraph. I feel doing this will help students to see what this genre is, especially at a grade 3 level.
       The teacher modelling will made the students better understand the writing. The writing procsess  that were used in this writing, for example prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing. I feel as a teacher it is very important that step by step instructions is done for the students. The teacher talking about the writing piece is not enough but IMSCI model would be an ideal instructional teaching used by the teacher  to scaffold the students.

Related image




Mearline Hippolyte




1 comment:

  1. Important information , this is idea can be used in the primary class as an activity for students.

    Ciara Joseph

    ReplyDelete